With more than 250 installations in over 20 countries Procon is the acknowledged world leader in the design and installation of bespoke Boiler Acoustic Steam Leak Detection Systems. We can justifiably claim more experience than any other boiler acoustic leak detection company.
Our listening and sensing devices give power stations all over the world, early warning signals for low signal, possible and probable boiler tube leaks and will also raise the alarm for other unidentified boiler sounds.
Experience shows that the early warning of a small boiler tube leak can prevent expensive secondary damage and unscheduled outages. Evidence shows that an increase in boiler availability of just one day will more than cover the cost of a leak detection system. Each application is specifically designed to provide the optimum solution. Depending on the environmental conditions and the client’s requirements, Procon can select either true microphone sensors or metal structure borne sensors, or a combination of both.
By measuring the rate of new damage accumulation, these detection systems enable utility staff to plan for repairs and maintenance so that expensive secondary damage and unscheduled downtime/outages can be avoided.
The benefits are:
- Increased personnel safety
- Early warning of a small boiler tube leak which can prevent expensive secondary damage and unscheduled outages
- Increased availability which reduces repair time, and increases plant efficiency
- Planned and scheduled orderly shutdown of a boiler at the most convenient time
- An increase in boiler availability of just one day will more than cover the cost of a leak detection system
- Your investments are safeguarded
- Increased operating profits through the reduction of financial penalties
Other benefits include the detection of abnormal boiler operating conditions, for example the incorrect operation of soot blowers, inspection ports being left open, and steam leaks external to the boiler